The Forbidden Revolution




For the past hours I’ve been trying to hold my pen and write
About how all of this makes me feel
But thoughts and feelings froze throughout the night
Though in my head it’s all so very clear

Inside my chest, two lungs striving to breathe
Drowning in a bottomless pool of lust
A thrusting heart fighting to be free
Beneath piles of bizarre taboos that form a crust

And here I am yet again
Writing a poem while words refuse to run
Unable to say or explain
All that’s so obvious and left me with a stun

Who are they to make such rules?
And how come they were entitled for this role?
To ask me to just forget is cruel
Do they really believe in crushing feelings to control?

Hush please, I tell my soul
Tomorrow might be a better day
Rainbows and candy should replace the coal
And to the love beat we’ll dance and sway

For now ill drown, choke, and behold
Bare and lonely in this savage, dark sphere
Wounds and wrinkles make me look old
But I promise I will never shed a tear

As one day you’ll realize and lend me a hand
I’ll sigh and smile then kiss away all the strain  
At a moment where all of this turn into a mystic land
With a portion of love found in the soil, beings, and rain

Let’s break the chains and rusty rods
Inhale the freedom and start to thrive
It must work out by all the odds
Come with me! Pursue the drive 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keep the Door Open

One of life's stories..

Once Upon A Time...