Feels like a winter day today..

Sitting in a coffee shop on a cold winter day, sipping hot chocolate... watching people passing by the window.. all grasping their jackets so tight as if they are scared to lose them.. watching their faces..

A handsome young boy with his backpack and worn off jeans.. his red sweatshirt and black woollen hat.. running to catch the bus..

An old lady walking her dog.. how happy her dog is! jumping and fooling around..

A cute little girl holding her mom's hand with her bunny-like gloves.. how her mom's eyes glow while she talks to her.. how the girl's face lit up when her mom gave an approving smile..

Two boys and one girl standing at the next corner.. I smiled.. I can see one of the boys admiring the girl while she is not watching.. his eyes are sinking in hers.. then I saw him looking at her hair when the wind blew it.. How lucky.. he is still able to have that childish love.. where your heart pounds so hard when you are together.. where you become breathless if someone mentions your loved one's name.. and how you stay up at nights shutting your eyes so hard trying to hold on to your loved one's face.. Oh my how I wish I can be 20 again!

While taking another sip of my hot chocolate.. I took a look inside the coffee shop.. it feels very cozy and warm.. Closed my eyes and took a deep breath.. the smell of freshly brewed coffee fills the place.. bringing back all good memories of nice winter days..

I opened my eyes again..

People are so quiet.. and their faces are so transparent.. I wonder.. is there someone else in this coffee shop reading MY face? Is my face as transparent as theirs? Are my feelings showing on the surface?
Can they see how tired and overwhelmed I am? Can they sense how bad I want to runaway? How I want to detach and just go live on an island alone.. me, the monkeys, and my bathing suit? Are my eyes telling them the secrets of my heart?

My thoughts were cut by my ringing phone.. I have to pickup.. The day must start..

I drank the last sip of my hot chocolate..

Took a deep breath..

and picked up the phone..

Comments

  1. Ever thought about writing a short novel? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hope this is my first step in doing that.. the idea has been on my mind for quite some time now..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally my dream came true ;)

    I love how you go into details, enjoyed it so much. Got some chills while reading certain sentences... some nice ones and some painful ones.

    I craved coffee, was able to smell it with you.

    I Love winter (as harsh on the heart as it can be), and love you!

    P.S: I hated that the phone rang ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeeee eman!!! thank you.. :) you were one of the ppl who always made me feel good about what i write :-* loved your feedback! and love you :) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Keep the Door Open

One of life's stories..

Once Upon A Time...